Friday, September 4, 2009

Favorite Things Friday- Camping, AGAIN!!

Our last camping trip of the summer was to San Elijo, CA. What a way to end the summer! This was our first time going there. The weather was perfect (hot,like I like it to be in order to go in the water soooo much), the company was very enjoyable and the view from our campsite was extraordinary! We spent time with family and friends. We learned to surf and we spent lots of time in the water (temp. was 73*). We walked to a tide pool and walked all around Cardiff by the Sea. It was just so nice. Wish you could have been there!!








We celebrated Grandpa's birthday a week early since he and Grandma Tammy came out for two days of our trip (they came from Las Vegas and his birthday is Sept. 11th)
Boogey Boarding
Brady's first try!!
Jake's first try!
On our way to Swami's to check out the tide pools.
The three new surfers!! I got up my first try! There is even video to prove it!


4 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Love all the pictures. How fun. Great job on the boards.

Kat said...

Leslie,

The second to last is definitely my favorite shot. Nice photos. I look forward to reading all about it.

Kat

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, that is a great picture of you all walking down the beach! I'm glad I'm not the only mom who's still not afraid to sport a bikini and post it. =0) Ya look great!

Looks like so much fun!

Kristin said...

I agree...yaaa for bikini moms! Just kidding...you do look great (as always) :) Looks like you had a fun end of summer camping trip. It's been a long time (a super looong) time since I have been to that stretch of beach...thanks for letting me live vicariously through you ;) If you guys want to check out some great Florida beaches...you know who to call!
Great job - up on your first time surfing! that's awesome! Can't wait to see the video! I love the pictures of the kids surfing...I bet it was so much fun!
Hope your first couple of days of school are going well..I got your message today - I'll leave you one soon so we can "catch up" :)
Love and miss you all TONS!